Organic Agriculture is a product system that sustains the health of soil, ecosystem and people.
It relies on ecological processes, biodiversity and cycle adapted to local condition rather than the use of inputs with adverse use effects. Organic agriculture combines tradition, innovation and science to benefit the said environment and promote fair relationship and good quality of life for all involved-IFOAM.
Among our achievements, are the following:
- Convincing 3 villagers to start this project
- Registering the project as a primary cooperative
- Fencing of 4km boundary fence
- Creating 11 jobs
- Reaching an agreement to market vegetables with Spar, Pick n Pay and Kimberley Tropical
- Marketing of vegetables
- The first in the district to produce organic vegetables
- Receiving positive EIA ROD from Department of Environment
- Renovating 5km water pipeline
- Electrifying the project and having Eskom connection
Having hosted His Excellency Hon President Jacob Zuma and then Hon Minister of Agriculture Ms. Tina Joemat-Pettersson in 2013 shall forever be etched in our memories and cast itself as a hallmark.